I’d very much like at this point to tell you all about Fantasycon, and my insane workload, and all the things I’ve gotten up to over the past few days. But I’m limited by the fact that I am absurdly, ridiculously tired. I’ve had two solid days of work, I’ve got another tomorrow, and then on Thursday I’m speeding into London for the Gollancz party. I’ve got a mountain of proofreading to do, I’ve got two mini-articles to do for SFX, and everything is busy, and dazzling, and life seems to be being reduced to a dizzying blur. It’s good, but it’s all a bit fast.
And so, Fantasycon in quickly delivered bullet points:
* My first visit to Fantasycon. Had lots of fun, although I think I prefer the slightly sprawling and more wide-ranging programme of Eastercon.
* Nottingham is a slightly odd mixture of everyday British town and serious history. Visited Nottingham Castle, and saw lots of Robin Hood-related statuary.
* Played a wonderful game of pool, where I actually succeeded in potting a few balls. More to do with fate than skill, I think…
* Met a wide variety of fun people, including an New Zealander ex-singer turned writer (Jordan Reyne) who used to do fascinating ‘narrative soundscapes’ (or concept albums) based on bits of New Zealand history. She gave me a CD, and it’s actually very good stuff.
* Attended the con Banquet on the Saturday, and discovered that while the company is good, hotel banquets aren’t always the best choice for decent food…
* Stayed up late. Had fun. And didn’t spend too much money.
Now, I must away. Too much to do. Not enough time to do it…
2 thoughts on “It’s All Too Much”
Good to see you there.
Next time, come for a curry with us. It’ll be cheaper, and omigod better, and the company is still good and we’ll get you back in time for the awards, so…